Here at Little Green Planet, we are experts in the three main types of heat pumps – Ground Source Heat Pumps (GSHP), Water Source Heat Pumps (WSHP) and Air Source Heat Pumps (ASHP).
Heat pumps are already a proven and vastly popular solution throughout even the coldest countries in mainland Europe; in Sweden alone, 97% of all new housing projects use them as their source of heating. However here in the UK houseowners and developers have only recently started waking up to their overwhelming benefits of heat pump systems. Why? Not only are they an efficient form of heating, but reserves of fossil fuels are finite and Carbon Dioxide emissions are continually contributing to climate change. Heat Pumps are operational around the world, producing safe, reliable heating and cooling. When used in conjunction with a green electricity supplier, Heat Pumps can be a greenhouse gas emission free heating method.
HEAT PUMP BENEFITS
- Heat Pumps don’t feature an open flame, therefore guarding against any possible fuel leaks or carbon-monoxide poisoning
- Heat is available whatever the weather, day or night
- No need for an expensive gas connection or an unsightly fuel tank
- Can be used to heat a swimming pool or self contained out-building
- The average coefficient of performance (CoP) is between 3-4 units, this means that for every 1kW used to run the heat pump 3-4 kW of usable heat energy can be produced. Well designed systems can even provide CoPs of up to 5.